Greyhound Rescue Association Ireland (GRAI) invite you, your family and your dog(s) to take part in Walk for Greyhounds, on Sunday 17th June, St Stephen’s Green, Dublin. The walk is being held to promote greyhounds as pets and to raise awareness of the need to improve the welfare of greyhounds in Ireland and elsewhere.
The walk will start at 1pm, please meet at 12pm at Fusiliers Arch near the Grafton Street entrance to St Stephen’s Green. The walk will take approximately one hour and is 1.5 miles/2.25 km.
This is a family day out and a peaceful walk through the centre of Dublin. All breeds of dogs are welcome. Walkers without dogs also very welcome!
Tips for a happy event for you and your hound(s):
- Walkers to bring food and drink as required, blanket/rug to sit on, comfortable shoes!
- Please bin all your rubbish when on the Green. Bins are located throughout the Green.
- Banners/Placards are not allowed to be displayed on the Green but can be taken on the Walk.
- All owners to ensure their dogs are on short leads and fully supervised at all times.
- Owners are responsible to pick up any dog waste and provide drinking water/food for their dogs. Dogs not to be left for any length of time in cars on a hot day.
- Greyhound Rescue Association Ireland assumes no liability for injury of any nature and/or property damage and death that may occur as a result of walkers and their dog’s participation in this event. Participants to ensure they are covered by their own household, life and pet insurance.
- Any issues/problems on the day, please notify an event Marshal (wearing high viz jackets)
Sat Nav: St Stephen’s Green, Dublin 2
*Car Park opening times and rates are subject to change, please check current information when you arrive
St. Stephens Green/Royal College of Surgeons Q-Park
Address : Glovers Alley, Dublin 2
Phone: (01) 478 0330
Rate: Day Rate: 8am to 7pm: €3.40 per hour
Opening Hours: Open 24 Hours Seven Days a Week
Max vehicle height: 1.90 m
Brown Thomas Car Park
Address : Clarendon Street, Dublin 2
Phone: (01) 671 6154
Rate: €3.20 per hour for the first 3 hours
Opening Hours: 9am to 10 pm on Sundays
This is car park for very upmarket shop and is always in high demand
Max height: 1.9 metres
Stephens Green Shopping Centre Car Park
Address : Mercer Street, Dublin 2
Phone: (01) 478 0330
Rate: €10.00 per day
Opening Hours: 24 Hour
Same as RCSI/St Stephen’s Green – max height: 1.90 metres
Trinity Street Car Park
Address : Trinity Street, Dublin 2
Phone: (01) 677 6678
Rate: €3.50 per hour
Max height: 2 metres
Location of Toilets
There are toilets in the St Stephens Green Centre, Marks and Spencers, Grafton Street, Brown Thomas, Grafton Street and McDonalds in Grafton Street. There used to be one on the Green itself but we are not sure if it is still there.
Coffee shops are in Grafton Street and Dame Street. Cornucopia vegetarian and vegan restaurant is also in Grafton Street. /There are quite a few restaurants and coffee shops in the area.
Location of buses/train station/cabs
There is a taxi rank on the Northern side of St. Stephens Green. The two stations close by are Pearse Station, Westland Row and Tara St. Station in Georges Quay. Enquiries can be made at irishrail.ie.
There are 3 bus stops in Kildare Street, 4 bus stops on St. Stephens Green East and 3 St. Stephens Green North, also 1 in Dawson Street.
We look forward to seeing you there!